Short Course 5: Infrared Inspections of Insulated Roofs
Flat or low slope roofs are a critical waterproofing component of many commercial buildings. Like any other building component, roofs require periodic inspections and maintenance. When combined with regular visual inspections, infrared imaging can provide critical information for formulating effective roof management strategies. This course is a must for anyone tasked with inspecting, managing, or maintaining low slope roofing systems.
This course will enable you to:
- identify applicable roof constructions for imaging
- understand how to properly select thermal imaging equipment for roof inspections
- identify applicable inspection standards
- recognize the pros and cons of aerial and ground-based inspections
- utilize thermal imaging as a condition assessment and/or quality assurance tool
This material is intended for thermographers, roofing professionals, and facility managers responsible for installing and/or maintaining flat roofs.
R. James Seffrin is a Level III Certified Infrared Thermographer® and Director of Infraspection Institute located in Burlington, NJ. He has over 39 years experience in performing infrared inspections for a wide variety of commercial, industrial, and residential applications. He is a co-author of several industry standards and is qualified as an expert witness on the subject of thermography.
Course price includes an electronic copy of PowerPoint handouts.
Course FREE to full-conference attendees, all others: $99.00